The days are getting cooler outside, so it is time to warm up the inside of your home for fall.
Just as we dress ourselves we can add layers to rooms to add color and warmth.
Your color inspiration will come from the outdoors.
Nature’s palette of colors are used, golden leaves, mocha acorns, and orange pumpkins, to set the mood on tabletops, mantels and other spaces within your room. Other splashes of earthy colors, such as eggplant purple and rust leaves, in table runners, pillows and throws, can give your home warmth for the chilly months.
Here are some additional autumn-inspired ideas:
- Add cozy wool and chenille throws. New takes on old classics like updated plaids and a Pendleton wool throw will add texture.
- Change out summer-themed objects with fall accessories, such as ceramic bowls or vases, bronze candle holders and vine pumpkins. Owl shapes are very popular this year.
- Decorate tables and mantels with nature’s bounty. Use acorns, walnuts, pine cones, miniature squash and pumpkins in your glass vases or ceramic bowls. Hunt in your yard for fallen tree branches, paint them bronze or deep purle and use in an arrangement. Groupings should be in an odd number of vases and in different heights.
- If bringing in new colors to your room is not to your liking, look for accessories in a deeper, darker shade of existing accent colors.
- Stack miniature pumpkins or gourds on plates or trays to dress up a dining-room table.
- Place an area rug with deeper autumn hues by the front entry.
- Set a variety of mums in multiple colors on the front steps to add a burst of color. By sticking branches or pussy willows in pots adds a little spice to them.
- To get ready for the chilly nights arrange your furniture around the fireplace.
Have fun with nature and throw caution to the wind!